Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fun Flowers Thank You

I love this card.  I made it in different colors as a card for the close friend who turned me into the stampin' obsession that I am today.  If I really love the way a card turned out, I will sometimes make it again, changing the colors, and maybe tweaking one or two things.  That being said, my favorite part of stamping is the creative part.  The feeling of "I did that!" when a card turns out just the way you wanted.  So I don't make a habit of reproducing my own cards many times.  But once or twice for a favorite design is totally acceptable! 

Back to the card in this post.  I started with a sketch, but strayed SO far from it that I won't reference it here.  And I have no idea where the color scheme came from!  I made the card 2 weeks ago, and my brain only holds so much information.  :-)


I hated Soft Suede at first.  And still kind of feel like on it's own it isn't very pretty.  But I have found that it is a lovely accent color, it almost has a gold tone to it that looks fancy.  How do you think it looks here?
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today! 

Supplies Used
Card stock:  Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Riding Hood Red, Calypso Coral
Ink:  Soft Suede, Versamark
Stamp Sets:  Day of Gratitude
Other:  Big Shot, Fun Flowers Die, Houndstooth Embossing Folder, Antique Brads, Sponge Dauber, Corner rounder punch, gold embossing powder

No comments:

Post a Comment