Tuesday, November 1, 2011

First Friday Mashup

I was scouring the web for a sketch challenge because I need more Christmas cards, and I found The Friday Mashup Challenge.  What a great idea!  At first I thought I wouldn't be able to participate in the "mashup," as I'm in the minority, and I actually don't tend to hoard random items for later crafting use.  I'm a tosser for the most part.  I have to be since the hubby likes to keep everything... we only have so much room!  But I found some beautiful golden ribbon hidden away on a shelf that I was happy to be able to use.
I also got to use a stamp that I hadn't inked up yet, an embossing folder that was still in the wrapping, and the newsprint DSP went into the paper cutter for the first time.  All in all, a success, I'd say.  Here's my card:
Here's a close-up of the tone on tone with the glimmer brads:


Supplies Used
Card Stock:  Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, First Edition SDSP
Ink:  Black Stazon, Cherry Cobbler
Stamp Sets:  Baroque Border Wheel, Welcome Christmas
Other:   Basics Glimmer Brads, Big Shot, Stripes Embossing Folder, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 2" Circle Punch (non-Stampin' Up), recycled gold ribbon, dimensionals
 

5 comments:

  1. Well I'm glad you were able to get all that fun new stuff out and use it! This came out great! I love the gold ribbon with the other colors in you project. So happy you found us and decided to play along with us this week. We always like to see new faces here at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty CJ, what a stunning card. I love that ruffled gold ribbon, it adds the wow factor.

    I'm so glad you discovered the Friday Mashup and decided to share your creativity with us. Hope to see you again soon.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you CJ, I'm not one for hoarding items also! However, you did a FANTASTIC job coming up with items to use for the recycle/renew/reuse portion! I really like the newspaper print and then the boldness of the gold ribbon against everything.

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely, and I'm so glad you saved that ribbon! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely!! The gold ribbon and glimmer brads go so well together, and are wonderful with this classic color combo. Great card! Thanks for playing the Friday Mashup!!

    ReplyDelete