Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Paper Player Christmas

My first Paper Player's Challenge!  Something about the timing of a challenge being released on Sunday does not work with my stamping schedule, but this one was so far up my alley, I had to whip a card together.

I went so far as to use the last Paper Player's sketch challenge because I loved it, but never got around to using it.

This week's challenge is to make a CAS Christmas card with red and green.
 

So this is what I made in about 30 minutes.  Which is LIGHTNING fast for me!  
I thought about adding some glitter and glam, but decided that would take it out of the CAS category.

Supplies Used
Card stock:  Garden Green, Real Red, Whisper White
Stampin' Write Markers:  Garden Green
Ink:  Real Red
Stamp Set:  Northern Hearts
Other:  Big Shot, Snow burst Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, 1/8" Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, sponge dauber

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, this is right up my alley, too! LOVE this! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely CAS card. I love all that texture from embossing. Isn't it great when you can make a card that doesn't take half the afternoon:) Great job on the challenge. Thank you for playing along with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 30 minutes, good for you! It would take me at least that long to get the trio of panels where I wanted them, lol! You've done a great job with the colors and the CAS theme. Love all the embossing and the wreath is gorgeous! So glad you found time to play with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the clean lines and texture of this card. Very well done, and I'm sure it will be one that many will CASE! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is excellent CJ! I am so happy you joined us over here! Yeah! Love that wreath and the embossed panels, awesome you used that sketch too! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful clean and simple card! I LOVE the texture! I am glad you were able to join us in this week's challenge! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!! We love first timers...we hope to see you many more times ;) Love your card. The layers and the wreath are just perfect. Glad you could join us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete