Monday, August 27, 2012

Fresh SUO Anniversary

Oh how I struggle to actually post my cards, but I'm doing it this week!  I played at SUO Challenges for the first time ever, and used the fab, fab sketch at Freshly Made Sketches as well.  When I saw the challenge at SUO was to use a photo, I thought... what a great idea for a card!  And it just so happens my anniversary is this week, so what a perfect reason to put a photo on a card.  And then I saw this great sketch, and I had a plan.
This is one of my favorite photos from my wedding, and the circles are a sunset photo that we took on our honeymoon to Hawaii (this one was taken on Kauai).  I added a little texture at the top of the wedding photo, and on the black band behind the sunset.  I still need to work on the inside, but I had to get this posted before FMS closed for the week.  :-)
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Supplies used:
Card stock:  Elegant Eggplant, Midnight Muse, Basic Black, photos printed on Whisper White
Ink:  Basic Black
Stamp Sets:  Petite Pairs
Other:  Big Shot, Fancy Fan EF, Delicate Designs EF, 1 3/8" circle punch

6 comments:

  1. Love the added texture on your photo. Your sunset set in the circles is perfect! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! The sunset circles create such a dramatic effect! Happy Anniversary, too! :) Marie Flayer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Very pretty. I love how you turned the circles into a panoramic scene. Really gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to interpret the sketch! Combining the wedding and the honeymoon onto one project is a wonderful idea!

    We had a lot of fun in Providence at the Regional and I'm sorry to hear that you didn't go! We demos tend to be a welcoming lot so you wouldn't have been alone for long and you would have made some new friends before the day was over! I'm from Massachusetts too, so I'd love to know where you live. Maybe we can meet at the next get together of demos that I hear about. My email address is jenmitchell@verizon.net.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely, and happy anniversary! Love the way you used the overlapped circles for the honeymoon sunset. Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges - I hope you'll participate in more of our upcoming challenges, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS...what a clever idea to incorporate the landscape photos into the circles across the bottom! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge!

    ReplyDelete