Thursday, June 14, 2012

Retro Anniversaire

Wow... have I really not posted in over 2 months?!  I have been stamping, and even doing challenges.  Usually even on time.  I've just had enough of the computer by the time I get home from work that even posting, which I enjoy, seems like work!  I am going to try to make more of an effort with this blog thing.  Anyway, on to the card!!

I used the lovely sketched provided by retro sketches this week.  So much you can do with this!  
I needed a birthday card for a girl that minored in French, and I just happened to get my first stamp set with French sentiments this year for Sale-A-Bration.  Time to break that out!  I also purchased some gold paper for a project I did for my sister, so I thought I'd actually use it on a card.  
I don't think this picture gives this card justice.  It's so shimmery and pretty in person.  But maybe that's just me... I think I'm shimmery and prettier in person, too!  Ha!

Question... how on earth am I supposed to make a bow that looks like that?  That one is held together with staples.  I do wish I were not so bow deficient.

And finally... I believe making this card has put me over the edge.  I'm going to splurge on the new stamp pads.  It hurts a little to think about all the stamp pads I have that really aren't that old, but I was pressing and rubbing and twisting, and I still barely got this Rich Razzleberry flower to stamp completely, and it certainly isn't richly colored.  What do you think, fellow bloggers... are the new stamp pads worth it?  My thought is that they will make me happier when I'm working on every single project, whereas spending that money on stamp sets or accessories will only make me happy on those specific projects???  Valid, no?

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today!

Supplies Used
Card stock:  Brushed Gold, Soft Suede
Ink:  Rich Razzleberry, VersaMark
Stamp Sets:  Medallion, Mixed Bunch, Elegance Elementaire
Other:  Rich Razzleberry satin ribbon, Big Shot, Labels Framelits, Dimensionals, Gold embossing powder

2 comments:

  1. That gold embossing looks amazing! Such an elegant card! Thanks for playing along at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! So rich and elegant!

    ReplyDelete